A couple are considered infertile if pregnancy does not occur after 12 months of unprotected intercourse. Infertility affects approximately 10 to 15% of couples in the reproductive age group and approximately 40% of infertility problems are due to sperm. This test conveniently and accurately determines male fertility potential in the privacy of the home.
Why do I need this test?
The male must produce a sufficient number of normal, actively moving sperm in order to achieve conception and according to the World Health Organisation a man needs 15 million sperm per mL to be considered fertile. The BabyStart Kit will tell you whether the sperm concentration in the test sample is below 15 million/mL motile sperm(negative test) or above 15 million/mL motile sperm (positive test). A positive result is going to be good news although it’s not proof of fertility. A negative result is not all bad news because it saves you months of trying to have a baby – in this case we suggest you get along to the doctor for professional help and advice.
This test can help to identify the potential of male fertility in the privacy of your home.
BabyStart – FertilCount Test
- The babystart® FertilCount™ Male Fertility test kit allows a man to test his fertility potential, in the privacy of his own home.
- Testing for low sperm count in men, how does it work?
- The babystart® FertilCount™ Male Fertility test cassette simply works by staining the sperm cells (DNA) in a semen. sample to produce a blue colour. The more sperm cells that are stained in the sample then the darker the ‘test well’ becomes.
- Clinical trials have rated babystart® FertilCount™ Male Fertility test to have a 97% ACCURACY of identifying whether a sample is above or below the WHO cut off point for fertility, 15 million per mL of sperm.
Simple and discreet;
First collect a semen sample. The semen sample can be collected directly into the plastic liquefaction cup provided.
Once the semen sample is in the plastic cup, place the lid on the cup and gently swirl the contents of the cup for at least 10 times around the cup. Wait at least 15 minutes but not longer than 12 hours before testing the sample. Just before testing, swirl the cup contents around several times more.
Open the re-sealable pouch by tearing or cutting at the notches. Remove the contents and place a test cassette on a flat surface with the sample wells facing upwards.
Swirl the plastic cup before removing the lid. Hold and squeeze the plastic dropper at its midpoint. Place the angled tip into the semen sample and release the pressure slowly. As you do this semen will be drawn into the dropper.
By gently squeezing the dropper add ONE drop of semen to the Test Well, let the drop soak in for at least one minute.
Add TWO drops of BLUE solution to the same Test Well B. Let the drops soak in for at least one minute.
Add TWO drops of CLEAR solution to the TEST Well B. Let the drops soak in for at least one minute.
READ the test results within 5 minutes of this step.
Reading the TEST Results:
- Compare the colour intensity of Test Well B with the colour of Well A (Reference Well).
- POSITIVE TEST: will be indicated if the colour seen in Test well A is the same as or greater than Reference Well A. This means the sperm count is equal to or greater than 15 million per mL.
- NEGATIVE TEST: will be indicated if the colour in the Test Well B is less than the colour in the Reference Well A. This means the sperm count is less than 15 million per mL.
If you are unsure of the results of the test, take a second test. The second test should not be repeated until at least 3 days later but not more than 7 days after the first test.
If both tests were positive then your sperm count is equal to or greater than 15 million per mL. However, if either or both of the tests were negative then we recommend you consult your doctor with a view to having a full semen analysis performed.
|Choose Size||Small : 146cm|
|XL BABY GATE SIZE||N/A|
|Pick Your Size||XL (A)|
Assuming it's accurate then brilliantReview by David / (Posted on 13/02/2019)Instructions are easy enough to follow. Very happy with the speed of delivery and the price.